Missing dog found. A friend of mine lost his dog a few days ago. He has returned home, on his own. I am so very grateful that he is safe and back home. Breathing a great big sigh of relief.
Having Goals. I love having a Bucket List. Many items on my list have been completed, however some of them I would really like to repeat.
- gives life meaning and purpose
- gives us passion
- keeps us from drifting and feeling like we never accomplish anything
- helps us learn who we are
- gives us something to look forward to
- helps us grow
- gives us a feeling of satisfaction when we mark one off the list
Completed bucket list items:
- finish my college degree: started when I was 21 – graduated 2012
- jump out of a perfectly good airplane – no, really, it was amazing!
- travel to Italy which I did in 2009 in a month long study abroad program, visiting Rome, Florence, Herculaneum, Pompeii, Naples and Villa Giulia
- visit Yellowstone National Park and Pikes Peak – trip with my family in my teens
- sell a piece of my art – a small vase that won third place in a juried show at UNF
- visit Phoenix, Sedona and Indian Ruins of Arizona
- visit Napa Valley, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Yosemite
- visit Hawaii – twice
- visit Aruba – twice
- visit Puerto Rico
- visit St. Croix
Now for things I still want to do – in no particular order:
- find a place for every thing and put every thing in its place – in other words stop the chaos
- go on a cruise
- an archeology dig in Arizona or New Mexico
- complete my online presence for my art
- learn more about history and archeology
- learn to paint really well
- get published – I wrote a book years ago called “What is Christian Faith” for 10-12 year olds
- find collaborators for the book – illustrator and Bible expert to help me fact check my references.
- become a better friend and neighbor
- volunteer more
- make significant progress on my family tree
- lose 40 lbs
- scan and organize all photographs
- scrapbook my trip to Italy
- ride in a helicopter
- bake amazing cakes
- learn to fly a small plane
- build a tear-drop trailer and start camping again
- foster rescue dogs
Dreams do come true. So many of my dreams have come true. I am very blessed. I am so very grateful for the great experiences I have had in spite of myself. As I look back over these lists, I am very excited wondering what dream will be fulfilled next. Keeping my eyes always on what His plan is, not mine. I know I couldn’t possibly dream bigger or better than what He has planned.
Thank you so much that Hank returned home to Clint. I know I would be devastated if Molly disappeared. Thank you that we have the ability to set and accomplish goals. Help me remember to always check that the goals I set are in line with Your plan for me.